Mar 11th, 2019
March 8, 2019, reports the blooms still strong in the deserts and moving up through Orange County. This week covering:
- Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
- Carrizo Plain National Monument
- Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve -- too early for poppies
- Arthur B. Ripley Desert Woodland State Park
- Placerita Canyon Nature Center
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
- Environmental Nature Center
- Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park
- Anza Borrego Desert State Park
- Coachella Valley Preserve
- Corn Springs Campground
- Elizabeth Learning Center
The Wild Flower Hotline is brought to you by the Theodore Payne Foundation, a non-profit plant nursery and education center dedicated to the preservation of wild flowers and California native plants. We are celebrating the 36th year of the Wild Flower Hotline with the voice of Joe Spano!
Theodore Payne Foundation Poppy Day Spring Plant Sale
Saturday, Mar 23, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
An annual celebration of our State flower and huge native plant sale, offering the region’s largest and most interesting selection of California native plants.
Theodore Payne Foundation Native Plant Garden Tour
Now in its 16th year, Theodore Payne Foundation partners with homeowners across Los Angeles County to showcase excellent native plant landscapes on this two-day, self-guided tour.